We pride ourselves on providing our wedding community with timely, high quality and valuable bridal content from great minds in the bridal industries. To maintain these standards we ask our contributors to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All posts must be at least 800 words and may contain relevant images, videos, and outbound links that improve the overall experience of our bridal community. Irrelevant hyperlinks will be removed and submissions containing keyword stuffing will be rejected. Note: All links must naturally fit into the sentence/article and provide value to the reader. Posts may not contain affiliate links. For more information, see the Linking Guidelines below.
2. Posts may not be promotional or advertorial. We do not publish company-specific news, or content reading similar to a press release from a company. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA (Call to Action) at the end of their posts. This may be either image- or text-based (1-2 sentences).
What counts as an acceptable CTA:
- A download for some sort of content resource (guide, report, white paper, eBook, etc.)
- Registration for an event (live event)
- Gallery (link to a non-advertised gallery)
What does not count as an acceptable CTA:
- A call to visit a company website
- A call to follow the company on social media, including social profile links
- A call to subscribe to email newsletters and other related subscriptions
- A call to contact a company, including all forms of contact information
3. Author bios for individual contributors must be placed in the user profile and may not be included within the text of the post itself. If multiple authors wrote the post, it will be published under one name and the other authors’ names may be included in a by-line at the bottom (no bio information or links may be included). Example: “Jane Smith and Samantha Miller also contributed to this post.”
4. Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts please be in a ready-to-publish state consistent with our existing content when you submit them for final review. While we review each post and may adjust formatting as needed, posts requiring heavy editing may be rejected.
5. Authors submitting posts manually are responsible for checking the status of their posts to see if there are any edits required, as well as for making those edits and resubmitting the posts. Please note that when edits are needed on any submission to make them meet our guidelines, it will take longer for those posts to publish.
6. All contributors are responsible for the originality and accuracy of their submissions. Any contributor found to be plagiarizing any percentage of his or her content will be subject to an investigation of his or her entire body of work. If found guilty of plagiarism, the offending author will be banned from the Kontrol Brides community with all content removed.
What counts as plagiarism (this list is not exhaustive):
- Copying another person’s work and submitting it as your own, word-for-word.
- Copying another person’s work and changing some words or phrases.
- Copying any part of another person’s work, whether changing words or not.
- “Spinning” another person’s work.
- Using another person’s idea as your own, including the progression, flow, and main points of a post, examples, images, etc.
- Copying content from any website, whether an author is given or not.
7. Content should be relevant to our site’s audience and audience of business professionals.
8. Quotes should serve a purpose within the post and not be used simply to get a link back to a company page. We will ask for thin quotes and their accompanying links to be removed.
9. Please allow one week for posts to go live. All post-publication & editing is done at the discretion of Kontrol Brides.
- No more than 3 links should point back to any domain. While lots of internal links make sense on your site, on ours, they can come across as being spammy.
- Relevant articles and blog posts
- Research or data
- Resources that will genuinely benefit the reader and make sense in the context of the post
2. No link building. If we believe that you are contributing content for the sole purpose of building links for yourself or others, we will either ask for such links to be removed or simply not publish the post.
3. We reserve the right to remove or nofollow any link at our discretion.
If you are submitting a post in which any link must be included, it is likely not going to be a good fit for us, as that would constitute as sponsored content. Please be prepared for any included link to be removed.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time. Contributors are responsible for making themselves aware of changes and adhering to them.
Disclaimer: Your request to become a Kontrol Brides contributor constitutes an agreement to these posting guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your contributor accreditation being revoked.
Apply to Contribute with Kontrol Brides
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Kontrol Brides contributor!
Before you apply, please take a moment to read the following:
- Only approved applicants will be contacted.
- Do not submit multiple applications for the same site, doing so may move you backward in the queue.
- For local contributor applicants: You must be named as the author of the writing samples that you enclose in your application.
- For account managers: Contributor/Author contact information is required. Applications listing the account manager as the author are incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Make sure you review our contributor guidelines